PRTG Network Monitor is the all-in monitoring solution that combines the whole expertise of the network monitoring company Paessler with a comprehensive set of monitoring features, an easy to use, intuitive interface, and a state-of- the-art monitoring engine which is suitable for networks of any size. All with one license: no hidden costs, no add-ons, no extra efforts! PRTG assures the availability of network components, and measures traffic and usage. It saves costs by avoiding outages, optimizing connections, saving time, and controlling service level agreements (SLAs).
The Benefits of PRTG Network Monitor include the following:
An easy to use monitoring solution for Windows based networks
PRTG Network Monitor runs under Windows Server 2003 and 2008, as well as under XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and monitors Windows, Linux, UNIX, and MacOS systems. PRTG is installed and set up within minutes; it comes with its own, integrated database and web server, and an automatic network discovery. PRTG is consequently optimized for easy usage.
One software to monitor your entire network, devices as well as applications, traffic as well as availability PRTG Network Monitor supports SNMP, WMI, Flow monitoring, as well as packet sniffing, and offers more than 110 special sensors for VoIP monitoring, website monitoring, email monitoring, application monitoring, database monitoring, monitoring of virtual environments, and many others.
Monitoring of different sites from one central installation
PRTG Network Monitor comes with so called ‘remote probes’ which can be installed to locally distributed networks and then send the monitoring data SSL-encrypted via Internet (no VPN required) to the core server of the central installation.
A comprehensive network monitoring solution that fits to your budget
PRTG Network Monitor offers comprehensive monitoring functionality and scales up to larger networks of some thousand devices and even more for the price of an entry level monitoring software.
PRTG Network Monitor includes the entire monitoring functionality in every license. No add-ons are required—no extra costs, no extra configuration or maintenance efforts, no extra traffic load.
High availability monitoring
PRTG Network Monitor comes with a failover cluster in every license (up to 5 cluster nodes for Unlimited, Site, and Corporate), which is a full monitoring cluster that makes sure monitoring will not be interrupted in case of a server failure or even for updates.
- Bandwidth, usage, activity, uptime, and SLA monitoring
- Suitable for networks of all sizes
- Monitoring of multiple networks/locations with one license
- Failover cluster included in every license, multiple cluster nodes possible
- HTTP-based API for interfacing with other applications
- Automatic network discovery and sensor configuration
Sensors and Protocols
- More than 110 sensor types (Ping, HTTP, WMI, SMTP, POP3, DNS, and many others)
- Network traffic and behavior analysis using SNMP, NetFlow v5/v9, sFlow, jFlow, packet sniffing
- Smart sensors (e.g. automatic cognition and monitoring of multiprocessor systems)
- Preconfigured device templates for Cisco routers, SQL servers, network printers, etc.
- Sensors for monitoring virtualized environments (VMware, XEN, HyperV, Virtuozzo, etc.)
- Programmable triggers and custom sensors
- Native and agent-less Linux monitoring
- Elegant, fast, and powerful web-based interface
- Google Maps integration
- Optional Windows GUI
- iPhone App, Android App, and ‘Mini-HTML’ interface for mobile devices
- Hierarchical view (probes, groups, devices, sensors, channels)
- List of sensors (alphabetical, fastest, slowest, by tag, by type, etc.)
- Appealing graphs (for sensors, devices, groups, and probes) showing the monitoring data of the last 2 hours, last 48 hours, last 30 days, and last 365 days
- Customizable ’Maps’ that bring together monitoring status, graphs, and tables, using personalized layouts
Alerting and Reporting
- Alerts according to individually configured criteria
- Various means of notification (email, SMS, HTTP request, .exe, script, syslog, etc.)
- Periodic and customizable reports (HTML, PDF)
- Reports and log files (detailed logs of all activity and results)
System Requirements and Data Storage
- Data is stored in Paessler’s own powerful data storage system, highly optimized for monitoring data (no SQL server required)
- Small download, easy to install
- Runs on Windows Server 2003 and 2008, XP, Vista, and Windows 7
- All features included in every license, no add-ons
- Easy upgrade by paying the price difference